Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lip Balm Reviews: Smith's Rosebud Salve and Jack Black Black Tea & Blackberry

My lips feel very dry and chapped if I don't wear any lip balm. I use up a lip balm pretty quickly; usually lasts 2 months or so. I always search for a good lip balm, so don't have to reapply all the time. A lot of people recommend Carmex lip balm but I cannot stand the smell. Feels like putting an ointment on my lips. Currently my favorites are Smith's Rosebud Salve in a tube and Jack Black Intense Therapy with SPF25.


Day time: Jack Black Intense Therapy SPF 25 in Black Tea & Blackberry  $7.50, 0.25oz/7g
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Black Current Seed Oil, Green Tea Leaf Extract and Vitamin E, Octinoxate 7.5%, and Avobenzone 3.0%. Made in USA.


Jack Black product line is primarily for men but Sephora sales highly recommended their lip balm. It comes in 5 flavors but I don't really care for that. Actually would be nice to have one without any scent. What's good about this lip balm is very moisturizing and has SPF 25. Hard to find a good lip balm with SPF. I've used a bunch of drugstore products but those just cannot compare to this. Because this product has active sunscreen ingredients, I do not keep this in my car and put in my purse instead.


Night time: Smith's Rosebud Salve $6, 0.5oz/15ml
Ingredients: Cotton Seed oil + Trade secret blend of essential oils in a special petrolatum base. Made in USA.


I don't use Jack Black at night coz no need to wear sunscreen when I'm asleep. zzzzz I like this just the same as Jack Black and only use it at home or before bedtime. It smells like rose but can't smell it after I applied. My lips feel pretty moisturized when I wake up each day. 


The sales at Sephora said she prefers Jack Black to Smith's Rosebud Salve but if you don't care for the SPF, I would suggest Smith's Rosebud because you can get twice as much product. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs