Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lunasol Holiday Set: Party Coffret 2011


Be warned. Pictures heavy this time. I saw a lot of Christmas sets with great colors and are very good deals. But I did not spend much on Sephora F&F sale because I told myself I can only get 1 Christmas set this year. I only repurchased NARS Eye Shadow Primer and L'Occitane Supple Skin Oil. The only Christmas set I got is the Lunasol Party Coffret on the internet.


Kanebo Lunasol released its Christmas set on Nov 11th in Japan. HK began selling this at Sogo during their Thanksgiving sale over a week ago. Congrats to those who could push through the crowd and got one at the counters! My friend went there twice and gave up. No way to get inside of the dept store. I read the ad and they only sell 200 sets at the Causeway Bay location. In Japan, you have to wait in line. I think the marketing strategy in TW is the best because you can do pre-order.


I got this over the internet because I'm not in Asia, and no way I would wait in line to buy this even if I'm there. Because of this, I am willing to pay the markup. Here's the price difference in various countries:

  • Hong Kong: HKD$620
  • Japan: 6,825 Yen
  • Taiwan: NTD$2,450
And on the internet, you can find them around USD$93 to $110 plus shipping. 


Now back to the set. The back of the box shows you what's in the package.

And when you take it out, the products are securely placed in the plastic mold in case you wonder whether the stuffs will move around during shipping.
The set contains the following:

  • EX01 Tender Glow Beige Brown 3 Dimensional Eye Shadow 4g
  • EX04 Tender Glow Pink Cheek Color 12g
  • EX19 Tender Glow Pink Lip Gloss 5.5g
  • 01 Glow Lunasol Skin Contrast Face Powder 6g
  • A pouch
The eye shadow and lip gloss both have a 3 yr expiration date (11/2014) whereas the cheek color and face powder have a 5 yr expiration date (11/2016).

This quad is very pretty. I Love the shimmers in this palette; subtle and elegant. :) The regular 3 Dimensional Eye Shadow palette costs about $60 on the internet, so it's a good deal when there are other products in the set.



 And here are swatches. I swatched them according to where the colors are placed on the palette.


The texture feels better than the Christmas palette from last year and they are quite pigmented. I like the top and bottom far left colors. They are just shimmery and pretty.


And here's the cream cheek color. It's full size product and a little goes along the way. 


The cream cheek color is pretty easy to blend. I don't need a lot of this to make my cheeks look dolly pink. Just use a little bit will do.

Now to the lip color. It's a gloss and very sheer pink. Just makes your lips shine. I would use this over a lip stick instead of wearing this alone. Not a full size lip gloss, just slightly less than the regular size lip gloss (FYI. Dior gloss has 6g of product and this is 5.5g.)



The face powder is used to set the foundation. It contains some iridescent shimmers, so can't use a lot. It's mini size as it contains 6g. Regular size is 15g. But this is good for travel or put in your purse. You can get the refill when you are done with this. 

It comes with a puff. Pretty good quality.


And the set comes with a cute pouch. I like this one better than the one from last year. It's made out of synthetic material and feels quite soft.

It has two compartments with zippers.


In case you wanna know my nail color, it's Zoya Caitlin.
I am pretty happy with this purchase. If you like this, buy while supplies last... 
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs