Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mac Iced Delights Lip Bag/Sultry

Went to Nordstrom with my girl friends last Saturday. Mac just launched their holiday sets and we were browsing. You know it's quite dangerous to go shopping with nothing in mind and may end up getting more. ;) We swatched their snowglobe eye shadow sets and the pigmentation was poor. I mean I swatched the same dark color twice and did not pick up much product. So, forget them and what caught our eyes was this Mac Iced Delights Lip Bag in Sultry. It comes with a cremesheen lip stick, a cremesheen glass lip gloss, and a lip liner plus the makeup bag for $38. I didn't care for the makeup bag because of its circular shape and plastic material. And I carry my makeup in a purse organizer, so I didn't take a pic of the bag.
I like this clean packaging. It would be nice if their spring and summer collection would carry some packaging in white. This lip set is very pretty. I love all their colors, particularly the lip stick and lip gloss. And the lip stick in I Love Winter (Cremesheen in medium passion fruit color) matches my natural lip color very well. For Mac lipstick, I only like cremesheen and lustre formulas as they don't dry my lips.
And here's a swatch of the lip stick:
The Cremesheen Glass color in Deelight is described as raisonette. It reminds me of a Dior Lip Gloss I owned a few years ago and Dior no longer carries it... so I'm happy to have this one. Can just wear that by itself. I like this formula as it's not sticky and quite moisturizing. 
The Cremesheen Glass lip gloss comes with a sponge tip applicator. 
And the lip liner in Boldly Bare is about 1/2 of their regular size, which I don't mind coz I don't really use lip liner on a regular basis. Mac describes this color as dirty red brown.
Here's a swatch of all the products side by side:

1 comments:

Mai said...[Reply to comment]

thanks for the swatches ^^ i liking the 'i love winter'' lipstick ^^

CMPang x
http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs