Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Favorite 2010 Products

Hope you had a good Christmas and look forward to a new year. Let me share with you some of the things I've enjoyed using this past year.

Eyeshadow Quad
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Natural Smokes


This is by far I think the most affordable, high quality eye shadows. I really like using this throughout the year. I got it from the drugstore when they had 40% off. It's like 5-10% of what I normally would pay for a dept store eyeshadow quad. I didn't buy the other color quads though. Pigmentation is great and I just love, love, love the lid color. One downside though as you can see is the cheap flimsy packaging. It cracked when I brought it to Asia with me earlier this year. And I dropped it on the floor and there goes a chunk off of the dark brown color. Oh well... Nevertheless, I would repurchase it. Hope they will never discontinue this!

Eye Shadow Primer
NARS Eyeshadow Primer

This is one the best things that saves my oily lids. I smudge technically all the mascaras and eyeliners; no matter if they are smudge proof or water proof. With this, it helps my eye makeup stays much longer than they normally would. I don't get panda eyes as frequent. Cannot go without this.

Mascara 
Fiberwig Lash Knockout Volume Mascara

Not sure where you can get this. Perhaps AdamBeauty or Sasa carries it. I got it in TW when I went there for a visit. It doesn't come right off like the original Fiberwig mascara does but it comes off easily with the Mac eye makeup remover. It gives you a very nice volume; much better than the original.

Masks
Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX

I got this jar from the Incheon airport in Korea. Can't remember the price but it was around $20. I've used their 1st version since way back when they were sold for $10 at the department store... For a lazy person like me, I just put a thick layer on my face before going to bed whenever I feel my skin is getting a bit dry, everything just soaks right in. I would wake up with a glow on my face.

I remember I had a bit of their previous version left before going on a long flight to Asia. I brought it to the airport and putting everything on before getting on the plane. My skin just absorbed it like a sponge and didn't feel dry on the entire plane trip (I'm talking about 11 hour flight). It's a must have!!

Missha Collegen Mask
Very moisturized and it contains a lot of fluid, so usually I put this on for about 20-30 minutes. One downside though is when the mask is getting a bit drier, it may fall off from your face. Anyways, I just lay flat when that happens. LOL Not sure if you can get it in the US though. Maybe on Missha's website. I got this at the Incheon airport for $18 w/10 pcs at the time.

My Beauty Diary - Southern France Apricot Mask
This makes my skin very soft and stays on my face nicely. They use a newer material for this mask than their other ones. I wish the holes for the eyes are slightly bigger. haha 


Hand Cream/Lotion
Korres Guava Body Butter


I just love this lotion because it's very moisturizing and this is my 3rd tube. Sometimes Korres website will have deals or just wait for Sephora to go on sale. It's thick and have a sweet scent to it. Not overwhelming and I think the scent doesn't last very long, which is good. I don't like the scent lingers too long on my skin. It contains no paraben, mineral oil, propylene glycol , or ethanolamine.

Nail Polish
If you notice, I do like painting nails. It sort of like a stress relief for me. I like certain brands, like OPI, Essie, China Glaze. The only one drug store brand I would repurchase is Revlon. You can always get good deals from Ulta on those salon nail polishes. Always look for nail polish without these three chemicals: formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP.

For the ones I listed here, they work for my skin tone (from left to right):
OPI - No Spain No Gain
Essie - Plumski
China Glaze - Spontaneous
Sephora by OPI - Call Your Mother
Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey
Butter London - All Hail Mcqueen
Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

Nail Maintenance


Nailtiques Nail Protein 
When my nails chips or peels, I will use this. Somehow my nails grow faster after I have this on. I didn't believe it at first but it does work.

California Mango Cuticle Oil
This is amazing and smells wonderful! My cuticles are very dry and this just soaks right in. I keep this at my desk at all times. You can get this at Sally Beauty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs