Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cleansing Solutions Reviews


Doing a review on skincare can be quite biased because of personal preference, skin condition, and also what kind of makeup you use. Let me just start off by telling you foaming cleanser would not work for my dry, sensitive skin. And I don't like how cleaning oil feels on my face, so I prefer using cleansing milk or cleansing solution. If my skin reacts to a product, my cheeks would have rashes or dry patches for days. Given my skin gives me quite a bit of troubles, I am hesitant to try different skincare products. The following cleansing solutions I find reasonably priced and yet work for my skin. They don't have as many ingredients as other kinds of cleanser. I bought them because they are all alcohol free, soap free, colorant free, and can be used for both face and eyes. I still use MAC eye makeup remover to remove mascara because I use waterproof mascara.

How would you use this kind of cleansing solutions? Use a cotton pad with the cleansing solution and wipe your face. No rinsing is required but you should pad dry after you wipe your face. I would not use cotton pads/balls from local drugstores because they soak up your solution like a sponge and will waste a ton!! Check out Asian grocery stores for better cotton pads. Mine actually can split into 2, so I can use 4 sides. :D


From left to right: 1) Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution 2) Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Lotion and 3) Aquamoist Cleansing Solution

1) Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle - Costs CDN$30. You can also find this on several website for $30+. This is a 500ml bottle and can run fast. This is my 3rd bottle. I don't wear makeup everyday, so this probably will last for about 6 months. Cleansing power is the best of all 3. Compare to the other two products, my skin does feel a bit drier but it's not so much of an issue as soon as I put some moisturizer on.

2) Vichy Purete Calming Cleansing Solution - You can get this 200ml bottle on Vichy's website for $14. I bought 2 of them when Ulta cleared out their stocks for $6 per bottle last year. :D I am about to finish this up. It's lightly scented because of the rose phytophenol. It doesn't feel dry after but I do need to wipe my face twice to get all the makeup off.

3) Aquamoist Cleansing Solution - This is made in Japan whereas the other two are made in France. This is my first bottle and I bought it via Sasa for about $10. Same size as Vichy's. I then saw it at a Japanese grocery store for $12. Cleans well and my face feels moist after using it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs